Saturday, April 14, 2018

Week 2 listening exercise

 I selected Wal-mart in Dallas Oregon. Its value proposition is better products at lower prices and they're trying to sell house goods and personal products, makeup, shirts, toys...etc.  The Dallas Oregon Wal-mart is notorious for its slow service and moody staff who would rather scratch a monkey's butt then show someone where the coffee is. People have also commented on the recent remodel of the store and how un-beneficial it was to the shoppers and lack of regard for customer safety regarding the motor scooters. Another example of their disregard happened just recently with the recall of salmonella infected eggs which effected not only Wal-mart but other stores such as Safeway.
"I know very well this store knows about the egg recall! It’s all over the news and it’s even on WALMART.COM! I was in there today and the shelves are FULL of the bad eggs! When someone gets sick and slaps you with a lawsuit, maybe you’ll take the recall seriously." 
I have to agree with these people because I have also experienced the poor service and melancholy attitudes of the staff. I don't want to support a business that doesn't value me as a customer. 
I think the biggest problem facing the brand is the face representing it.People know that Wal-mart is considered the empire of evil, here's an example of their poor attention to customer need,
 #Walmart thank you for the problems this week. I'm happy to report that we are now going to be shopping at #Meijer instead😊! You might be a few pennies less but to blame manufacturers and push the cost off on your consumers is just about the worst thing. I'm not sure I can see your recent policies as a good thing... instead of honoring something as simple as a 0.50 cent coupon located on products right there in your store, you prefer to lose at least $1,000 a month. Great business practices, especially when your own employee says that since you won't be reimbursed for coupons that you will refuse to honor them and eat the cost and instead blame the manufacturer. Why allow the coupon to even be placed on products that are on your shelves? Way to just be that greedy. Keep your fifty cents and rude employees, and I'll happily hand our 1000 minimum a month to another store."👍\


Everyone knows about "the people of wal-mart" and everyone has seen those people at least once. I personally have worn my red and white striped pajamas into the store because I figured that there was someone worse then me roaming around in the store (and when I am sleepy I really don't care what other people think)
 There isn't anything you can do about the layout of the store but you could regularly train your employees in sensitivity and good customer service; which are skills that are sadly dying out with the new generations. I honestly can say from experiencing these things personally that that would solve most of their problems but regardless of these things people are still going to shop there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment